Can I have my Ready Made Blinds resized?
Yes, Blinds Warehouse will be able to resize most blinds purchased through our website.
All you simply need to do when placing an order is enter the width and drop in millimetres for your window frame and Blinds Warehouse will be able to cut the blinds to the correct size for your window.
Blinds Warehouse use state of the art machinery and contract dedicated Craftsman who are experienced in perfecting and overseeing every aspect of the task at hand. When alterations are made to your window blinds you can be sure to trust the team at Blinds Warehouse.
It is important to note:
- Blinds leaving our warehouse that are required to be cut to size are automatically cut 10mm less than your window size in width to allow for brackets and clearance. We ask that you do NOT make any deductions to your measurements and provide us with the EXACT figures.
- Should you choose to alter your own blinds in either the width or the drop you will void your warranty.
- Our warehouse will only resize blinds that have been purchased through Blinds Warehouse and can be tracked by the customer's original order number.
- Ready made blind pelmets automatically come with bevelled edges allowing for a Face Fit mount (outside mount). In the event your order requests a resized Inside Mount, our warehouse will automatically cut the ends of the pelmets straight to accommodate the Inside Mount.
- Resizing is charged at $25.00 per width cut and/or $25.00 per drop alteration per blind if required
Note: Some products are restricted and unable to be resized. Information is included on the Product Page for any blind type which cannot be sized by either width or drop.
More Useful Information
For a ready made blind to fit your window space correctly, exact measuring is essential. Always use a steel tape measure and write down your measurements in millimetres [mm] for the greatest accuracy as these are the measurements we will use to create your blinds and must be accurate. Measuring your windows for your blinds is quick and easy, simply follow our clear instructions in the measure guide and we'll take it from there.
1. Placing an Order
When placing an order you must use exact window measurements only in millimetres. Do not make any deductions for clearance.
2. Inside Mount (Reveal)
The factory will make the necessary deductions for clearance so that your blind can move freely within the window frame.
The standard deduction for clearance in the width of your blind is 10 mm.
The standard deduction for clearance in the drop of your blind is 15 mm.
3. Outside Mount (Face)
The blind will be made to your exact measurements, no deductions will be made by the factory.
Resizing Ready Made Blinds
Cut to Size - Professional Blind Cutting Service
- A ready made blind is an imported or Australian-made blind that has been pre-made and pre-packaged prior to sale
- They are available in many styles, colours and materials
- At Blinds Warehouse we stock ready made blinds in various standard window sizes
- Due to the many window and door sizes in Australian homes and offices, a ready made blind will often need to be trimmed (cut to size)
- To ensure a perfect fit, add longevity to the life of the blind, and to maintain your product warranty, we suggest you have your ready made blind cut to size by the professional team at Blinds Warehouse
- You will have the option to choose whether or not to resize your blind as part of your ordering process
- Resizing is charged at $25.00 per width cut and/or $25.00 per drop if required
What happens to my blind when it is resized?
Cut down to my window measurement
- Your blind is taken from our inventory
- It is then carefully taken out of its packaging and trimmed to suit your window measurement. This is the stage where we make any necessary deductions to ensure your blind is custom made to suit your exact window measurements. We include the necessary deductions for clearance and brackets. You do not need to make these deductions when ordering. You must only use exact window sizes to avoid any mistakes.
- Apart from being professionally trimmed, your blind will also be spray sealed at the end of every slat. This product adds a protective coating to the slats and is also a colour matched sealant paint.
- Your blind is then placed back into its original packaging, including all hardware, ready to be despatched