1.1 Blinds Warehouse are committed to respecting the privacy of its' customers. The following policy discusses how personal information received by Blinds Warehouse will be dealt with.
1.2 Although not required by law to comply with its' provisions, Blinds Warehouse by its' professionalism and commitment to its' customers operate within the boundaries of the Privacy Act 1988 (also sometimes referred to as the Privacy Principles Act or the Personal Information Privacy Principles Act) in dealing with its' customers.
1.3 In doing so, Blinds Warehouse customers will have the confidence that they are dealing with a supplier committed to excellence and security of its' customers private information.
Below is an overview of the Privacy Act 1988 Information Protection Principles 1.4 Blinds Warehouse must not do anything, or engage in any practice, that contravenes any information protection principles contained in the Privacy Act. In particular Blinds Warehouse declares that it will:
- Not collect personal information unless:
- the information is collected for a lawful purpose that is directly related to a function or activity of the purchase AND
- the collection of the information is reasonably necessary for that purpose
- Not collect personal information by any unlawful means
- Collect the information directly from the individual
- Make the individual to whom the information relates aware of:
- the fact that the information is being collected AND
- the purpose for which the information is being collected AND
- the intended recipients of the information AND
- whether the supply of the information by the individual is required by law or is voluntary, and any consequences for the individual if the information (or any part of it) is not provided AND
- the existence of any right of access to, and correction of, the information AND
- the name and address of the Company that is collecting the information and the Company that is to hold the information.
- Ensure that any information collected is relevant to that purpose, is not excessive, and is accurate, up to date and complete, and that the collection of the information does not intrude on the personal affairs of the individual to whom the information relates
- Ensure that the information is kept for no longer than is necessary, that the information id disposed of securely, that the information is protected against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against all other misuse, and that if it is necessary for the information to be given to a person in connection with the provision of a service to the Company then everything reasonably within the power of the Company is done to prevent unauthorised use of disclosure of the information
- Help an individual to ascertain whether the Company holds personal information relating to them, and, if so, the nature of that information, its' purpose and their entitlement to gain access to the information
- Provide the individual with access to the information
- Make appropriate amendments (whether by way of corrections, deletions or additions) to ensure that the personal information is accurate, and relevant, up to date, complete and not misleading
- Attach to the information, in such a manner as is capable of being read with the information, any statement provided by that individual of any amendment sought
- Notify recipients of that information of the amendments made
- Not use the information without ensuring that the information is relevant, accurate up to date, complete and not misleading
- Not use the information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected unless;
- the individual to whom the information relates has consented to the use of the information for that other purpose OR
- the other purpose for which the information is used is directly related to the purpose for which the information was collected OR
- the use of the information for that other purpose is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual to whom the information relates or of another person
- Not disclose the personal information unless the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual concerned or another person.
- Ensure that, if personal information is disclosed to a person or body that is a public sector agency, that the agency does not use or disclose the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which the information was given to it.
For the purposes of this declaration, personal information means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database and whether or not recorded in a material form) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
For the purpose of this declaration, Company means Blinds Warehouse Pty Ltd
Please note this Privacy Declaration forms part of the Terms and Conditions of purchase for Blinds Warehouse